Environmental law encompasses pollution control and resource conservation and management. Pollution control laws often deal with a single environmental medium, such as air, water or soil. These laws control the emissions into the medium as well as the liability for the emissions and clean up.
Our lawyers are experienced to help companies confront the emerging challenges of climate change.
Ron Austin’s environmental practice represents the unique history in Louisiana dealing with a century old oil and gas industry. The oil and gas industry makes up a huge part of the state’s economy, however, it is extremely detrimental to the land and the people. Ron Austin Law wants to represent property owners, businesses, and communities in other states that are directly affected by land and waterways that have been contaminated by industries.
Our environmental lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the varied legal, technical and policy issues facing our clients, cost-effective staffing of environmental matters, utilizing the resources of a diverse international firm and an intimate familiarity with the energy, technology, chemical, manufacturing and life sciences companies we represent.
- Personal injury and wrongful death claims related to toxic exposure or hazardous wastes
- Cost recovery actions for the costs of environmental cleanup and remediation
- Water rights disputes between private parties or between a private party and a governmental agency
- Damage claims for pollution and contamination
- Air Quality
- Climate Change
- Contaminated Site Clean-Up
- Crisis Response and Preparedness
- Civil and Criminal Enforcement
- Environmental Aspects of Business Transactions
- Health and Safety
- International Environmental LawLegislative and
- Regulatory Advocacy
- Natural Resources
- Oil and Gas Environmental Issues
- Solid and Hazardous Waste
- Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation
- Water Quality
- Water Resources